Sunday, March 6, 2011

Tool Evaluation - Day 1

Well, it's Sunday, and I am taking this assignment to heart! I've been working since I got up this morning on using the tools I've chosen and setting up all kinds of accounts and honestly.... does keeping track of all these blogs, pages, wikis and the lot get easier as time goes on? I mean, I am now on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and I have started working on a portal for our employees and managers to use this technology for internal brainstorming, training and communication!

Whew! It's been a long morning.

I get FB, and use it quite often, so it's a no-brainer there for me. I don't quite get Twitter and LinkedIn so much...  but I am content to be a 'lurker' for now. My intranet portal is coming along nicely - I can't believe I haven't done this already! I used TeamLab for free, and I think it will work well for us.

I have a question about Twitter - does anyone know how to delete people that follow you? I seem to have picked up a follower that I really don't want to have, and I'm not sure how to get rid of them. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks for listening, everyone! Have a super Sunday!

Karen

5 comments:

  1. I signed up for Twitter this morning as well and also have questions. Do you know how to lock your account?

    With regard to the followers, go to their profile, hover over Following (it should change to X Unfollow) and click. Let me know if that works for you.

    Gladys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gladys,

    Thanks for this, but it doesn't seem to work with people who are following me... I think I'm going to try something in the settings area... like some kind of privacy filter.

    This sounds similar to your question of "locking" your account. I will let you know if I find any additional info... Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing how much time can be spent researching and trying these tools. I think I need an app to help me remember all my user names, passwords and codes. I guess the trick is to find the things that work for you and let the rest go.
    I don't have any advice on Twitter :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think you have the option to stop others from following you. I've got lot's of followers that started following me in hopes that I'd check out their profile. When you do it turns out they're trying to sell you something. This is an example of how NOT to use social media. Advertising in peoples personal accounts only annoys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have now made all follower requests (people wanting to follow me) to have to be authorized... that is, I now have to give permission for anyone to follow me. I think this will help in stopping those annoying followers who just want to sell me some crap!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete